Do you suffer from migraines, headaches? Do you find that your headaches or migraines are quite severe that you end up having to miss time off from work?
Migraine awareness week.
The World Health Organization reported that ‘Migraine is the third most common disease in the world with an estimated global prevalence of one in seven people.’
Aim of Migraine Awareness Week is to draw awareness and to build an understanding to this debilitating disease.
Three ways of looking at Migraine
· Tension headaches, this is the result of muscle tensions and/or posture problems. Tension headaches can be triggered by stress or if you are anxious, noise, light or depression.
· Migraines, as with tension headaches but the pain is concentrated on one side of your head, made worse if you move, cough or talk
· Cluster headaches, pain that starts after you are asleep, first at lower intensity and then increases to a peek, lasting for hours.
Facial Therapy: Facial Aromatherapy Massage and Luxury Holistic Facial Massage
Both of these massages focus on the tension areas of headaches and migraines pressure points, which can be found in the head, around the eyes, neck and shoulders. These massages help to reduce tension, reduce stress, and so offering relief and reduction of pain.
Also, massage releases a chemical called serotonin which reduces both pain, and is responsible for giving the ‘feel good factor’, so allowing you to feel uplifted.
Tips for Every day
· Stay hydrated
· Look after your posture whilst at work and away from work
· Watch your caffeine levels
· Use a properly supported mattress, with supporting pillows that support your body whilst you sleep.
· See your doctor to discuss any emotional or physical problems to rule out any underlying problems such as infections, hormone imbalance blood glucose levels, and any other ailments.
You are not on your own
For support and advice on migraine contract firstname.lastname@example.org
7 ways to massage away a headache
Migraine headaches and massage
Migraine.com/complimentary and alternative therapies/massage